Phone: (972) 810-0161
Fax: (972) 810-0162
Email: Email me
Greg Meyer, Senior Partner of the Law Firm of Meyer & Colegrove, PLLC was admitted to practice law in the State of Texas in 1988. He is admitted to practice law in all Texas state courts as well as the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western federal districts of Texas.
Mr. Meyer earned his law degree in 1988 from the J. Reuben Clark law school at Brigham Young University. While in law school, he served as an editor of the law review and a member of the Board of Advocates. He is a graduate of Rice University in Houston, having earned his bachelor's degree in management studies and behavioral sciences in 1985.
Mr. Meyer's practice areas include civil litigation in state and federal court, commercial and residential lease enforcement, commercial collections, contract breach and enforcement, real estate litigation, creditors' rights and bankruptcy litigation. He has practiced exclusively in Dallas since being licensed.
Mr. Meyer has first-chaired jury trials and conducted all pre-trial phases of complex business litigation. He has argued numerous pre-trial motions and appeared on numerous hearings in state and federal court in a variety of civil cases. He enjoys a good rapport with the judges he appears before.
Mr. Meyer is a member of the State Bar of Texas (member litigation, general practice, solo and small firm sections) and the Apartment Association of Greater Dallas (member legal services panel). He is a contributing author for the AAGD Rooflines publication.
Mr. Meyer represents a variety of business entities from sole proprietorships to publicly held corporations and real estate investment trusts.
Mr. Meyer prides himself on being able to provide quality and timely legal services at competitive rates.
Areas of Practice:
- Litigation & Appeals
- Collections & Repossessions
- Creditors' Rights
- Bankruptcy Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Texas, 1988
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1989
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1990
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1991
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1992
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, Provo, Utah, 1988
- Honors: Member, Board of Advocates, 1986 – 1987
- Law Review: Editor, Brigham Young University Law Review, 1987 – 1988
- Rice University, Houston, Texas, 1985
- Honors: President's Honor Roll
- Honors: Teaching Assistant, Dept. of Space Physics
- Major: Management Studies/Behavioral Sciences
Contributing Author, Briefcase Column, Rooflines, Apartment Association of Greater Dallas
Punching the Tar Baby – Ramifications for Failing to Defend Insureds, State Bar of Texas Professional Development Program; Suing, Defending and Negotiating with Insurance Companies, (Co-Author), September, 1991
- Alpha-Barnes Real Estate Services
- Camden Property Trust
- Grand Peaks Property Management
- Pinnacle Property Management Services
- Westwood Residential
- Whitney Management
- Windmark Group
Honors and Awards:
- American Jurisprudence Award-Complex Crimes & Investigations, 1987
- Who's Who Among American Law Students, 1987
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Texas, Litigation, General Practice, Solo and Small Firm Sections, 1988 – Present
- Apartment Association of Greater Dallas, 1999 – Present
- Member, Legal Service Panel
Past Employment Positions:
- Law Office of Gregory T. Meyer, 1999 – 2008
- Dilts & Law, P.C., Associate, 1993 – 1999
- Pezzulli & Associates, Associate, 1991 – 1993
- Miller, Hiersche, Martens & Hayward, P.C., Associate, 1988 – 1991
- Phi Delta Phi